Thursday, December 29, 2016

1. Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney


Guess How Much I Love You is a short story featuring two rabbits measuring their love for each other. It is a timeless tale that can teach and encourage your children to express their feelings of love and affection.

Summary:

Little Nutbrown Hare and his daddy Big Nutbrown Hare are out in the woods when the little one says, “Guess How Much I Love You.” When his father says he couldn’t guess, Little Nutbrown Hare stretches his hands and says, “this much!” The Big Nutbrown Hare responds to this by extending his longer arms and says “But I love you this much.” Little Nutbrown Hare then reaches his hands up and says, “I love you as much as high as I can reach.” Big Nutbrown Hare does the same, and Little Nutbrown Hare says that is higher than he can reach!
Both the hares continue the conversation, comparing how much each loves the other and finally, Little Nutbrown Hare falls asleep saying, “I love you right up to the moon.” Big Nutbrown Hare kisses the little one good night and says, “I love you to the moon and back.”
The illustrations by Anita Jeram are fantastic and detailed, with subtle colors and backgrounds.